Methods for Strategic Collaboration Foundations Training

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 14:55:07 PST 2009

Dear Open Space Friends,

I would appreciate you passing this announcement along to anyone you know
who might be interested in a workshop that teaches how to blend Appreciative
Inquiry, Open Space Technology and World Café.  Using the change model of
Appreciative Inquiry, this workshop uses AI Interviews for the Discovery
Phase, World Cafe for the Dream Phase, OST for the Design Phase and Polarity
Mapping and virtual project tools for the Destiny Phase.

Thanks for spreading the word and please feel free to contact me directly
with any questions.

Warm wishes from balmy Phoenix,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez

CWS – Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy

2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue

Phoenix, AZ  85048-8990

480.759.0262

http://www.christinewhitneysanchez.com
<http://www.christinewhitneysanchez.com/>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/christinewhitneysanchez>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/christinewhitneysanchez

 <http://christinewhitneysanchez.myplaxo.com/>
http://christinewhitneysanchez.myplaxo.com/

Please consider the environment before you print this email

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102424523944&e=001m3QFfcLpxLxhSgK4zrjnOkY-wVXsM07
tAAkQYyXqd8Ih8CUBHlqw1nR1eBKz9eyOuOmmyJJmKsmnlfgPujkRoVZTv-RnlT8fQgcaLPcZwe4
rEggXT9CcOnFjn6nm884w>

    Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy

METHODS FOR STRATEGIC COLLABORATION
Foundations Training

March 23-26, 2009
Rex Ranch | Amado, AZ

About
Objectives
Faculty
Testimonials

REGISTER
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102424523944&e=001m3QFfcLpxLxW3pmowFn_Jh2_xaEqPbX
-KYdbJXglrc2JDDfMaV5A2VbGRgbcSaOCajkTOnca6OnbaVbgw0m9f2jXQW5jBJrb2dqwkoAOaso
R69wziuS2r6dQ0_AkKAyI5xi75TXhwnhQixvCf7GjV03p550nX3NIVEP4613ZqTV23rt7PBLamg=
=> NOW!

Portable | Flexible | Scalable
Are you interested in learning how to engage groups of 2 to 10,000 in
strategic conversations? Would you like to attend a training that will give
you the foundational skills and knowledge you need to blend four powerful
methods that are being used around the world for breakthrough thinking,
decision-making and collaborative action?

Appreciative Inquiry is a positive change method predicated on what's
already working and building on that success. Rather than focus on what
needs to be fixed, Appreciative Inquiry looks deeply into the root causes of
success and leverages and amplifies what is most successful, meaningful and
alive to make dreams happen. From one-to-one conversations, incorporating
storytelling about values and desires, the process expands to large group
process for co-creating the future. Appreciative Inquiry is an ideal
planning and management tool because it catalyzes a cascade of affirmative
conversations throughout the system.

Open Space Technology quickly enables diverse groups of people, as well as
those who work together every day, to tap into the collective intelligence
of the whole. The principles, practices and self-organizing process of
leverage each person's passion into a call for action. In half-day to
three-day Open Space gatherings, participants create and manage their own
agenda of parallel working sessions around a central strategic theme. The
outcome includes recorded discussions, next steps and a commitment to
action.

World Café fosters collaborative dialogue in large groups by rotating
participants through a series of small tables. Authentic conversations
encourage sharing knowledge, building on each other's ideas, thinking
outside of the box and creating connections. This easy to use process
quickly generates quality in-depth responses to challenges and
opportunities.

Polarity Mapping is powerful tool designed by Barry Johnson, Ph.D. that
leverages the best of apparent opposites resulting in win-win solutions.
Many challenges are not problems that can be solved with either/or
solutions. Rather, they are dilemmas or polarities to be managed. Polarity
mapping provides a complete picture of the interdependent opposing forces
that often create gridlock. Working with the upsides of both poles,
predictions can be made for the types of change that will result from any
strategy.

Workshop Objectives

*	Through experiential learning, gain a working knowledge of the
principles, steps and practices of Appreciative Inquiry, World Café, Open
Space Technology and Polarity Mapping.

*	Practice Appreciate Interviews, small group learning and large group
synthesis as part of the Discovery Phase of Appreciative Inquiry.

*	Engage in a World Café as part of the Dream Phase of Appreciative
Inquiry.

*	Participate in an Open Space Technology meeting as part of Design
Phase of Appreciative Inquiry.

*	Practice Polarity Mapping as part of the Destiny Phase of
Appreciative Inquiry.

*	Craft appreciative questions and provocative propositions in your
own language and for your environment.

*	Design a large group project to take home.

*	Participate in two follow-up coaching sessions.

Faculty

<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs032/1102418431115/img/2.jpg?a=110242
4523944> Christine Whitney Sanchez consults internationally with
organizations and communities to build the capacity for conscious leadership
and strategic collaboration. She is an international pioneer in blending
Appreciative Inquiry, World Café, Open Space Technology and Polarity
Management® to deepen communication through conversations that matter and to
liberate self-organization so that people can strategically collaborate by
taking responsibility for their passion.

Christine is well-known as a large-scale change leader. In 2005 she
collaborated with large volunteer teams to host the largest World Café in
the world and she facilitated the largest Open Space event in the USA at the
2005 Girl Scout National Convention. In 2008 over 10,000 girls and adults
were invited to use their voice, have conversations that matter and create
the future for the Girl Scout Movement.

Christine brought Methods for Strategic Collaboration to organizations such
as Northrop Grumman, United States Postal Service, Arizona Diamondbacks
Sales, American Red Cross, City of Aspen, CO, La Liga de La Leche
Latinamericano, The Nature Conservancy, Kaos Pilots Business School in
Denmark, Facilitators Network Singapore and Girl Scouts of the USA.

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102424523944&e=001m3QFfcLpxLxhSgK4zrjnOkY-wVXsM07
tAAkQYyXqd8Ih8CUBHlqw1nR1eBKz9eyOuOmmyJJmKsmnlfgPujkRoVZTv-RnlT8fQgcaLPcZwe4
rEggXT9CcOnFjn6nm884w>

www.christinewhitneysanchez.com

Participant Testimonials
"The high point for me in this workshop was the absolute invitation and safe
space to be authentic in the process of learning and growing. It was an
intimate embodiment of collective wisdom. The format of learning by doing,
to teach methods through the methods allowed for an accelerated, seamless
experience. What this workshop has prepared me for is the permission to go
forth and experiment. In small, incremental ways I am already integrating
Methods for Strategic Collaboration into upcoming workshops and conferences
I am helping to shape."
Magda Peck, August 2007, University of Nebraska Medical Center

"I realized my dreams come true. I will be able to help others serve a
worthy purpose. I saw the impact of my heart - I can't wait to live it.
Michael Jackson, March 2007, USAA Worldwide Insurance

"Through relaxed pacing, personal space, safety in the group and Christine's
authentic and spirit-filled facilitation I learned about the spirit of
facilitation and the holding of ambiguity."
Anita Yap, February 2008, Singapore

"Thank you for the quality time & exchanges in Singapore, but mostly for the
years of courage & dedication to becoming such an embodiment of who you
are."
Michal Papegaaij, February 2008, Queensland, Australia

"This workshop has built my confidence as a facilitator and enabled me to
incorporate particularly Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space Technology into
a pilot test of an activity to mobilize sector wide collaboration in order
to improve the national response to orphans and vulnerable children
throughout sub-Saharan Africa."
Jane Begala, March 2007, Constella Futures, Washington D.C.

"My greatest learning did NOT come from where I expected it to. If you come
to this workshop, be prepared to be surprised. Be prepared for a workshop
that gives you MORE than what is advertised. Be prepared to learn as much
from the students as you do from the teacher (which is perhaps the highest
compliment that I could pay to the skill, wisdom, and vision of Christine
Whitney Sanchez). Be prepared to stretch in ways that you did not even
anticipate. Be prepared to see the world in whole new ways."
Mark W. Hanna, March 2007, Valley Coaching Collaborative, Chandler, AZ

"Thank you for showing me a different, more spiritual way of doing Open
Space."
Andrew Ballance, March 2007, London, England

"The Provocative Proposition exercise met the various needs of the group,
brought in something new and was fun. I got to play with others around the
possibility of working towards an 'organizational consciousness' project."
Denise Wright, February 2008, Singapore

"I plan to use some Appreciative Inquiry in my next leadership workshop in
Ireland, as a first step in bringing about a change to emphasize the
positive in training of our leaders."
Participant from Ireland, October 2004

"I've learned and been mentored in methodologies that work - that affect my
work with others in positive, active ways - that encourage me to be
congruent with my values and beliefs."
Participant, May 2005, Chicago Training

"I'm excited about the "click" of several concrete AI projects to address
challenges that I'd been mulling for some time."
Participant from Israel, 2004

"I discovered sound principles to be used as inner guidance throughout life
and rediscovered importance of trusting that voice inside. The workshop gave
me a framework for previously scattered projects in my head."
Participant, 2004 Paris Training

"I am anxious to extend this Open Space and World Cafe process to Girl
Scouts and other venues/organizations. Each participant has walked away with
a bit of understanding of 'how to hear the voices of the masses'."
Participant, August 2005, Girl Scouts of the USA

"I wish to have many more opportunities to attend and participate in this
kind of process, but also to be able to share it widely."
Participant from South Africa, 2004

"This workshop glowed!"
Sarah Griffiths, March 2007, Tucson, AZ, USA

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102418431115&ea=milagro27%40co
x.net&a=1102424523944>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0019_l7KhBeOJfTmt2SjJubfE3fLxwBQ
Jr_4PPX6lC6_RfuLQX565xrsQ%3D%3D&p=un> Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to milagro27 at cox.net by milagro27 at cox.net.
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0019_l7KhBeOJfTmt2SjJubfE3fLxwBQ
Jr_4PPX6lC6_RfuLQX565xrsQ%3D%3D&p=oo>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0019_l7KhBeOJfTmt2SjJubfE3fLxwBQ
Jr_4PPX6lC6_RfuLQX565xrsQ%3D%3D&p=un> ™ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News_111>
by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News_111>
Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy | 2717 E Mountain Sky Avenue | Phoenix | AZ
| 85048

<http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1102424523944.0.1102418431115.1&ts=S0384&o=http://u
i.constantcontact.com/images1/s.gif>