being the change and national day of service

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Sat Jan 10 14:30:34 PST 2009

dear friends,

info below i found inspiring and intend to respond to the invitation(s) below!

warmly,
raffi (hussein the obamastani)

AmericaSpeaks has just received word that the Obama Administration is
seeking to promote events for the National Day of Service that are
deliberations, forums, dialogues, or discussions - in addition to
conventional "service."

http://pic2009.org/page/event/create

On January 19, and the weekend prior, citizens around the nation will be
participating in volunteerism to honor the memory of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther
King Junior, and to actively engage in America's civic life.

Please consider enriching this Day of Service by hosting a deliberative
discussion in your community, using a format that engages people's values
and opinions. Choose a topic that you are passionate about, such as a
pressing policy issue like economic or health care reform, or perhaps a
visioning session for the next four years.

Let us know if you post your event on the Presidential Inagurual Committee's
website and we'll do our best to help get it promoted. We welcome you to use
the "AmericaSpeaks Facilitator Network" as your organization name.

3 Days Left to Win a Trip to the 2009 Inauguration!

We also thought you'd be interested to know that the Case Foundation is
hosting a contest - calling on citizens across the country to join the
Change Begins With Me campaign by sharing how you will be part of the change.

Tell them your commitment in 250 characters or less and enter for your
chance to win a trip to Washington, DC to be part of the MLK Day of Service
and exciting inaugural celebration events including two tickets to the
official Inauguration of Barack Obama.

No idea is too big or too small. Everyone has a role to play. Enter your
commitment before January 12th, 2009 @ 3pm EST!

http://change.casefoundation.org/