World March for Peace and Nonviolence

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Fri Jan 2 17:56:43 PST 2009

Dear friends,

A happy new year to all.

One of my favorite lines in the User's Guide is something about if you feel
terrified about doing open space you can always start out by offering one
for the neighborhood dogs and cats.

And indeed- inspired by dear wendy farmer-o'neil's posts in november
recently i ran a small community open space (ten people) where prior to the
event i heard barking and a cat walked thru the space!

As an indirect consequence of a follow-on event where there were 5 of us
(!), I met the coordinator of the San Diego leg of a delicious world event
that will start in October (so indeed even opening up a little space can be
wonderful!):

The World March for Peace and Nonviolence

http://www.worldmarch.info
http://www.worldmarchusa.net

route of the march:
http://www.worldmarch.info/en/informacion/129-mapa-de-la-marcha

As part of this march anyone can offer an event to coincide with this event.

I'm thinking seriously about offering a two day Practice of Peace conference
using this funny thing called Open Space here in (currently overcast) San Diego.

This had me think, what if there were a PoP event in every city of the World
March? Wouldn't that be marvelous?! And have the OS institutes to get on
board with this?

If anyone is interested in offering a PoP in their town as part of this
event (timewise it'd be towards the end of this year) and would like to have
a skype/phone call to begin thinking about this, give me a holler on or
offlist!

It would be great to learn from those who have done them before of what has
worked in organizing a PoP.

warmly,
raffi