Fear in the face of an upcoming OST-meeting

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Feb 18 14:05:08 PST 2009

Just tell your client to relax and take a deep breath. It's all going to
work. The people will be the people, and what you see is what you got. Could
be that they will collectively decide to destroy the company, but that is
probably not too likely. Of course I do remember a time when a small company
asked me for an Open Space on their future. We did it, and by lunch time on
the first day they had all concluded they didn't have a future.  The
President was a mite surprised, but nobody else was. The company was
essentially dismantled there and then - however by dinner time, there were
two new businesses. Time at the bar was beneficial. To the best of my
knowledge those two business are alive and doing very well, thank you. Like
I said - It always works, but sometimes not quite the way you might have
anticipated. I guess you could call all that "risky", but I fail to see the
risk. One way or another, that old company was done. That's the truth. The
truth was owned, and life went on.

Enjoy it. I always do.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html