Creation

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Mon Feb 16 08:41:21 PST 2009

Ralph--

All of our human creation stories, or at least all of the 6 or 10 of
them which I have read, start with something pre-existing: a god, a ball
of mud, a turtle's back.

The Biblical story in my view is not antithetical to the Big Bang: Let
there be light and there was light. What you hold in your mind when you
read it affects directly what you get out of it—or put into it.

Stuart Kauffman has recently written a book which posits that God is not
a being who creates but creativity itself. If he is correct, then that
means that there is no difference between the Biblical notion of
creation and self-organization.

(I think the concept of ex nihilo is not necessarily in Genesis.)

Ralph, thanks for this tickle.

			:- Doug.