[OSLIST] Baby-step into O.S. -- questions

Lisa Floyd lisafloyd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:34:01 PST 2009

Diane,

Indeed I am ("in full open space right now"):

My venue hostess cancelled.

So I post-poned the event rather than search for a new one on short notice....

So, the vacuum/space gave me room to reflect and reconsider my limited party invitation, having a hunch that the little bit of talk about the quasi-O.S. plan was already circulating now or later.

The venue cancellation was giving me the opportunity to open wide the invitation list (to avoid developing an us/them situation) with a new place and time.

Then arrived the emails from Tenneson and Esther and Wendy each giving exactly the right encouragement for the new situation, as the order of things would have it.

Douglas Germann's reply had given me the courage (and space and 'permission' of a sort) to carry on with what I'd begun, in its quasi-fashion, so I was able to hear the other opinions, as well.  (Besides, they were so kindly expressed.)

It seems now I'll either have to take a larger step into the selfless arena as Wendy describes it and stay faithful to the facilitator role, ...or....the communication may have already begun in the wider fully open space.

-- The temperature is so nice here in this pool, I'm not sure I'm eager to get out to find out what's going on out there in my community of interest.

...Except that email responses to the cancellation are coming in, in support of trying again.

thank you everyone,
lisafloyd