What to do next... (WaveRider)

doug os at footprintsinthewind.com
Wed Dec 23 18:05:18 PST 2009

Harrison--

I resonate with your second provocative musing: There is no Me without a
We. The We seems to me primary, actually more like a great big I, the
single I that represents the world as we know it.

Of course you have seen that I have this year been reading Christopher
Alexander's 2,000 page work, The Nature of Order. In Book Four he makes
essentially this point that the physical structure of the world is a
luminous I underlying all things.

I have also been reading David Bohm's Wholeness and the Implicate Order,
which says the same thing from the side of physics (compare to
Alexander's approach from the side of architecture): everything is
enfolded into and unfolding from everything else, and it is all always
in movement, hence his term the Holomovement.

So in that light it is a self-world we inhabit, and we are all swellings
of and unfolding essentials of the whole. So the "organizing" part is
really a participation in the great foaming waves of folding and
unfolding. The action does not start, only continues, invitation
inviting invitation round again....

And so I have to second your musing that everything is "both simpler
and more complicated than we might assume. It might also suggest that
the distinction we make between we and me may be a little over done."

Musing right along with you, adding another little unfolding or
enfolding to what you saw....

>>From blustery, wet and icy South Bend, Indiana.

			:- Doug.