What to do next... (WaveRider)

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Dec 23 14:43:20 PST 2009

Raffi said, " I've wondered if the whole host of different approaches and
organizations

that have popped up in the past ten years or so have been attempts at

Waveriding- and making Waveriding accessible to organizations and

communities of all kinds- if perhaps by another name."

Raffi, I would make the same claims for Wave Riding as I do for Open Space
-- None. I didn't invent it, create it, and certainly won't patent or
trademark it. Truth is -- both (howsoever named) have been around ever since
-- well, at least ever since Homo sapiens has been attempting to negotiate
the basic self organizing nature of the world we live in. To say nothing of
the galaxy of our residence and the cosmos beyond. In a word, everything is
Wave Riding and everything is Open Space -- but I think it is fair to say
that some of it is more effective that others of it (how's that for tortured
phrasing?). As human beings we need space to live in, and anything that
offers that space is to be commended. And no matter the nomenclature,
getting along in the world is an essential skill, especially when that world
is a tad on the wild side with massive waves. So my profound thanks to all
those who have imagined and perfected better ways to ride the waves of our
times and open some space in which it can all happen. And the "winners" in
my book are those who do all of the above with elegant simplicity. For
myself, less is definitely best, and complexification of method is a pain
when you are trying to focus on the simple, shear plane of the wave surface.
The next iteration for me is not an additional step, process, intervention,
clarification, modulation -- I would be supremely happy with just plain
"Do'in it." Simple. And I believe that is possible. Happy New Year!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

Phone 301-365-2093

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

I've wondered if the whole host of different approaches and organizations

that have popped up in the past ten years or so have been attempts at

Waveriding- and making Waveriding accessible to organizations and

communities of all kinds- if perhaps by another name.

Specifically, I think of the Art of Hosting, the Genuine Contact Program,

Pioneers of Change, Berkana Institute, The Hub, Authentic Leadership in

Action Institute, and many more.

and i'm reminded of ricardo semler's company, too...

ponderingly (is that a word??),

raffi