Opening space 24X7 --Wave Riders Unite!

Steve Cochran scochran305 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 07:48:13 PST 2009

Thanks for opening this dialogue, Harrison.

I'm wondering how *any *invitation can be regarded as failing if we enbrace
the 'whoever comes...' principle?

Best to All - Steve

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Good Stuff Michael and Denise -- And I wonder about "failed" invitations.
> If failure means that we didn't get precisely the folks we wanted to come --
> there could be a number of reasons for that, not all of them bad. For
> example it could be that the issue we were so excited about really didn't
> have all that much going for it. And all those folks who failed to respond
> positively were just brighter than we were. Our "failed" invitation simply
> saved a lot of time and energy which might better be applied to something
> else. And just suppose all those folks did come out of some sense of
> "should" or "ought" -- and the whole affair turned out to be just as flat as
> they thought it might. Now -- how happy are the folks? And what do you think
> would be the likely response the next time you offered an invite?
>

> Harrison
>

> Harrison Owen
>
> 7808 River Falls Dr.
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> USA
>
> Phone 301-365-2093
>
> www.openspaceworld.com
>
> www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

Steve Cochran

Sustainability Strategies LLC
National Center for Sustainability
US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development