The new Ning community - some central questions

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Sun Dec 6 09:21:33 PST 2009

i was amazed to see yesterday that there were more than 190 members
already.

on the strength of what i've seen so far, i've built one of these ning sites
for my neighborhood.  i think it will be a useful "community bulletin board"
for opening space.  we have a woman here who teaches women's fitness.  we
have a guy who calls the occasional "men's book group" meeting, usually when
a good game will be on at the local tavern.  (the group has never actually
picked a book to read.)  and then there are neighborhood association
official sorts of events.  and i expect ning will put all of these and many
more on the same sort of level-ish field we find in our circles and spaces.
i'm just starting to leak word of it out to neighbors, but the folks who've
seen it are excited.

thanks to artur and lisa and shufang, and the other 190 folks who jumped
right in, for showing me how this works.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://www.michaelherman.com
http://www.ronanparktrail.com