body-mind and facilitation conversations

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sat Aug 22 04:47:00 PDT 2009

Alex - Welcome to the list! I am not quite clear whether you are thinking
about OST as a body/mind practice (which I think it is) or are wondering
about the relation of body/mind practices to the facilitation of Open
Space?? In terms of the later I have found that the quality of facilitation
goes up to the extent that the facilitator is "totally present and
absolutely invisible" - which of course never quite happens but it is a
goal. Finding that quiet, centered place is best achieved in my experience
through some fairly serious meditation. Actually I think this may be the
most important thing when it comes to facilitation of Open Space. All the
rest of it can just sort of happen. You might check out the chapter in my
book, Open Space Technology: A User's Guide, which I called "Personal
Preparation for Open Space."

Harrison

Harrison Owen

189 Beaucaire Ave

Camden, ME 04843

207-763-3261 (Summer)

301-365-2093 (Winter)

Website www.openspaceworld.com

Personal Website www.ho-image.com

OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options
<http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>

  _____