Why is a grid sometimes useful?

Erik Fabian erik at DOUBLEHAPPINESSNYC.COM
Wed Aug 5 10:55:33 PDT 2009

I am enjoying your comments about using the grid.

It is especially inspiring to hear the insights of how folks are responding to their groups needs or at
least making assumptions about who their audience when creating their events.

It seems there is a spectrum between being unconstrained and using a grid. Perhaps the clustering
notion falls nicely in the middle somewhere.

The comments also make me thing about using incremental steps towards more freedom with groups
who want a grid. For instance, if new boards are created each day over multi-day sessions, each
could be less structured. Grid to Cluster to Free Form.

One way I have been playing with public events that have a lot of drop-ins is to have a couple
scheduled checkins that can be good orientation points and time to look at and update the board. I
have seen this happen after lunch breaks in some events with some success as well.

Erik