Open Space Facilitation

Esther Matte ematte at excellence.ca
Fri Aug 28 12:04:05 PDT 2009

Hello everyone!

I received the request below and unfortunately, after careful consideration,
I must pass this up. I am simply too busy at the moment to give sufficient
focus and energy to this project.

It's for an event already planned for September 12-13 by a group of dynamic
young leaders from NYC, LA and Colorado. Thom is in LA, they recently heard
of Open Space and would like to integrate it in their event. A program and
speakers are already in place, so it could not be entirely OS, and I have
explained to Thom that if they do use OS, it should be not at beginning nor
middle, but at the end to conclude the event. Maybe the last half day, with
a question around what people will bring out of this conference in their
communities/future. That would give them a small taste of what OS can be.

They have no budget, so this is a project for someone inspired to work with
the millennium generation around questions like: Why are we gathering as a
generation? What do we hope to accomplish? How do we view the world 20 years
from now? What is our vision as a generation? (which have been sent to
participants I think).

I told Thom I'd send his request in my NY network and to the OSListserv. I
hope someone can help them.

If you take this project, I'd love to hear about it after. Cheers and have a
great weekend!

Esther Matte

Discover - Engage - Accomplish

New York: 212.755.0551