Crowdsourcing and large systems change

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Tue Aug 18 01:24:51 PDT 2009

Today, I found a great blog post which links large systems change with the
concept of crowdsourcing:

Crowdsourcing for Employee, Customer and Stakeholder Engagement:
http://www.fastforwardblog.com/2009/08/13/crowdsourcing-for-employee-customer-and-stakeholder-engagement/

Crowdsourcing as a technique for gathering useful information stems from the
concepts outlined in The Wisdom of Crowds, by James Surowiecki. Obviously,
this is what OST practioners (and those applying other large group
intervention techniques) have been doing for the last 20 years. Now we have
a new label for it! :)

"The job of a leader in today’s hyperlinked and transparent organizational
world is to instantiate the crowd’s intelligence and / or wisdom with a
clearly-stated and purposeful mission and objective, and then listen ! This
is where social software and methods like crowdsourcing can shine. They can
and I believe will, eventually, replace or augment even the most
sophisticated culture change initiative or surveys and diagnostics."

Amen!