Haiti: Open Space in 38 schools during next 2 months

John Engle john at johnengle.net
Sat Aug 8 06:10:30 PDT 2009

Dear fellow-listers,

I'm in Haiti right now. Open Space is thriving in this little
Caribbean island, yet with a population of nearly 9 million.

I’m participating in one of our Capacity Building seminars, which
includes 35 of my Haitian colleagues from around the country. Among
them is a small team of four that are having incredible results with
Open Space meetings in schools. They have contracts with Save The
Children and Concern Worldwide to work with dozens of schools. During
the next two months they will do open space meetings in 38 different
schools.

Last year around this time this particular team of colleagues did open
space meetings in 29 different schools. The objective was to engage
parents more in the life of the schools and also in their child’s
education. There are numerous testimonials from school directors now
that the year is over about the transformative role these meetings
have had in their school's functioning, especially as relates to
parents paying their child’s school fees which make it possible for
teachers to get paid. read more by clicking http://www.haitipartners.org/blog/?page_id=30

The team of four mentioned above are just one example of the dozens of
facilitators using open space throughout the country.

Exciting stuff!

John Engle

www.haitipartners.org