September 12th in Washington, DC

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 28 07:05:51 PDT 2009

Eric--

On your point of how OS handles the disrupters: I think naturally. Given
all our talk about Space Invaders and how the facilitator might respond,
here is my experience:

Opened Space around immigration issues. A self-described "reverend" of
the KKK showed up carrying a white Bible. When we went to break out
groups, he attended one, and then left.

Later, I figured out it was because the small groups denied him his
soapbox. Furthermore, I suspect the people in his group honored the
intent of hearing everybody and having a conversation, not a diatribe.
Although I did not visit the group, they were quiet and respectful to
each other.

			:- Doug.