A disability question

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Apr 17 06:08:59 PDT 2009

Melissa -- I think this is one situation where Open Space would be much
better for your needs. The reason is that with the WC structure people with
disabilities will be arbitrarily assigned to tables where they may or may
not have help. In Open Space where people go where they care to go -- they
can bring the needed help along with them. Further there is no need for the
facilitator (you) to keep track of needs and resources (Helpers/helpees) --
which would be an exhausting task that you will find difficult and/or
impossible to do. I can understand why you are feeling a little overwhelmed.
I would, and if you just open the space the people can do it all for
themselves -- by helping each other.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
archives Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html