SV: [OSLIST] My first OS

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Thu Apr 16 03:23:24 PDT 2009

Dear Bui,
Lise has offered a good plan!
Regarding your role, here my observation from experience with the boscop
retreats, where we are 6 to 9 people (a three day event, however, twice
a year):
-The first several times we made sure that one of us took on the role of
facilitator and stick to it
-After a while we had the facilitator tend mostly to the initiation with
the task of "holding time and space" shifting to the entire group
-Presently, we all participate in the initiation (its done in silence
with all the things typical for an os set up: Principles visible,
Law...)and in the holding of time and space and all the technical stuff.
My suggestion is that you focus on being the facilitator. Of course, the
sponsor of the event which I suppose is the whole group, needs to be
happy with it.
Getting into the mode of "holding time and space" and "not being
attached to outcome" is a difficult act even for some of us that are
more experienced...you will be busy sticking to the role and it would
not surprise me if it were to be of great benefit to the event!
Chances, that doing it this way will also help the participants see more
of the "full potential" of open space and its applicability for larger
and public events should be increased.
Lets hear on how it went!
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 462 resident Open
Space Workers in 73 countries working in a total of 139 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org