ever used artist tacking spray for wall?

Christine Whitney Sanchez cwhitneysanchez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:02:37 PDT 2009

I hope this is better late than never.  And I hope that I've fixed the
problem that has kept me off the list for weeks.

From: Christine Whitney Sanchez <cwhitneysanchez at gmail.com>

Date: April 2, 2009 8:29:02 PM GMT-07:00

To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>

Subject: Re: [OSLIST] ever used artist tacking spray for wall?

Hi Ashley and all,

When I use sticky walls, I typically tape them up with blue painter's
tape or pin them on soft walls with T-pins.  If your surface can
handle it, clear packing tape is an attractive alternative to
painter's tape.

Long ago, I was doing some work in a church cafeteria with painted
cinderblock walls and an evaporative cooler (read humidity).  None of
my tapes were working so the janitor suggested duck tape.  Really did
the trick for the entire 3 days - and when I took the sticky walls
down, I also took the paint right off the wall.

When I was working with a group that always brought their young
children, the sticky walls were a great way for the kids to "post"
what was most important to them.  I loved the crayon pictures
alongside the affinitized headlines.

When I travel beyond the US, I bring an extra sticky wall or two as
gifts to my clients.  I've sometimes thought I could just show up with
the walls and not do anything else - people really love them.

Warm wishes from warming Phoenix,

480.759.0262
www.christinewhitneysanchez.com
Skype: christinewhitneysanchez