I like to organize an OS about maintaining the local playground by the local people.

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Tue Apr 28 18:15:19 PDT 2009

Hello OSLIST

I would like to do an OS in my local playground.  I have been taking
care of a 3 year old boy for four days and nights each month for the
past half year, and the local playground is always empty and it is
also in bad shape.  I have been taking him to this playground, and I
dislike its condition and like to do something with the community to
make it better.  I know there is a home for elderly next to the
playground, and I also know there are a lot of people with children in
living around the playground. I like to organize an OS about
maintaining the playground by the local people. I have thought to
invite all the local people to participate with there children and
including the old people and the teenagers.

I don't know if I should ask people to register for the OS or allow
people to come and go as they like.  The last OS I did was a bit
confusing when new people were constantly showing up and asking about
what was happening, I think it could be better to ask people to
register.  What are your experiences with using an OS where a lot of
new people walk in from the street and participate, and miss the
formal introduction and the marketplace event.

Also if there are any experiences or comments about using OS for
community building, and how to get out of the way of the process to
work.

Best Regards, Kári Gunnarsson
kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is / +354 8645189 / +354 5515189