BathCamp

Erich Kolenaty e.kolenaty at aon.at
Fri Sep 19 05:08:15 PDT 2008

I participated at the first Vienna Barcamp 2006. Very interesting,
indeed. I gave a session on "open space", though the whole thing felt
like open space itself. I would call Barcamp a "daughter" of Open Space.
The main difference in my opinion: In a BarCamp there in an explicit
expection that everbody "gives". Giving means, that you invite people in
a session to share your knowledge, experiences, results or whatever with
your attendees  in a little starting presentation. After a while the
presentations flow over to questions and answers and discussion.

In most cases there is no need for convergence or something like that:
You give what you want and you take what you like and in the end you
join the party. that's al, but that's a lot.

In wrote an article on BarCamp on my homepage. For folks who read in
german - here is the link: http://www.transformation.at/index.php?art_id=70

Erich from lovely Vienna