Place and Open Space: The semi-annual Poetry Celebration and Contest!

Jeff Aitken magic.teams at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:38:16 PDT 2008

Thanks for your perspective Tree.

Of course anyone can offer any poem they like. Just as, no matter what the carefully crafted theme of an Open Space may be, people will post whatever they feel passionate about, or bring it up at the coffee table.

I could have explained better that the original tradition of the OSLIST Limited Form Poetry Celebration and Contest (some 8+ years now) has been to suggest a Limited Form, which offers people a kind of framework to use in order to compose a poem.

We have had Limited Forms such as 17 syllable haiku; 21 words only; and one of the early ones (was it the first?) in which every word had to start with a different letter of the alphabet, all 26 words in alphabetical order!

I will be very happy if ANY poems about open space are written, which is what I care about, in the role I am playing.

Warmly,
Jeff