Three action planning approaches in Open Space

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Oct 8 10:28:10 PDT 2008

Hello, all - I love all this conversation about convergence.
And thank you, Chris. It was so much fun putting that particular document
together.

I love talking with clients/sponsors (in advance, during the whole pre-work
stage) to see if it is actually 'action' they need...or a sense of
accomplishment (which may or may not be action, may be noting patterns or
just noticing how much work they have done in the OS meeting)... whether it
is decisions they need...or instead single individuals championing and
articulating next steps... I like the whole analysis of what is hoped for,
what is possible given resources / tools / capacity, how to disseminate all
the good ideas which emerged in the event... how to support and sustain what
comes out of it...how to document the data that is surfacing through
dialogue workd...
When I can update my website (way overdue) I will add a few papers I have
written to share on these elements and explorations.

Here is another paper I had put together from earlier conversations about
convergence... a conversation... along with the one brother Chris referred
to (does that make him the 'mother of all brothers'?)

http://www.openingspace.net/openSpaceTechnology_method_resources_Convergence
_A_Conversation.shtml

And Chris, thank you so much for the piece you have shared with us -
wonderful.

Lisa

lisaheft at openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net