NYC Meeting Spaces

Denise Lalonde Dlalondeny at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 05:51:45 PDT 2008

Hello Susan:

Here are some listings I've gathered over the last few years.  The  first and
last might have some potential.  The middle ones are for smaller  group
meetings I believe.

Warm regards,
Denise
Denise Lalonde
Lalonde Consulting and Coaching
212-974-1438
dlalondeny at aol.com

The Center for Architecture has a great lecture hall space with all  the
screen/projectors etc for this type of event. If you have a  not-for-profit
status then I think you can get the discounted rate for the  space... it is
on LaGuardia b/t Bleeker & West 3rd.
HYPERLINK _http://www.aiany.org/index.html"http://www.aiany.org/index.html_
(http://www.aiany.org/index.html"http://www.aiany.org/index.html)
<_http://www.aiany.org/index.html_ (http://www.aiany.org/index.html) >
Center For Architecture
536 LaGuardia Place
New York, NY 10012
main  phone: 212.683.0023
fax: 212.696.5022
Angelo Monaco: Program Committee  Coordinator, direct phone 212.358.6117,
_amonaco at aiany.org_ (mailto:amonaco at aiany.org)
*******Recommended by  Loren Ellis, Arts of Healing – HYPERLINK
"_http://www.artforhealing.com/"www.ArtforHealing.com_
(http://www.artforhealing.com/"www.ArtforHealing.com)   <_http://www.artforhealing.com/_
(http://www.artforhealing.com/) >   – please call Loren
first to discuss at (212) 977-1165 or 24 hour service  (212) 946-1160

John Barry's Rest. 38 W 39th St.and Costa Del Sol has a downstairs party
room. 369 W.50th St.
*******
Rehearsal Space Recommendations:

You might try to contact La Mama Theatre. They have some rehearsal  spaces
downtown, and I think they are fairly reasonable.

May I recommend the Shetler Studios at 244/250 West 54th Street, tel;
212-246 6655, where I have been taking courses in the Meisner Technique with  James
Price who runs the Acting Studio. They have class rooms and a small  theatre,
it is well lit and heated, a/c in the summer, and seems generally user
friendly.

You should try the space I rented for meeting awhile ago.
TRS INC.  PROFESSIONAL SUITE
44 EAST 32nd Street
212-685-2848
fx  212-689-4497
The room that is close to the size you have at Total is $21.00  per hour. The
next largest is $27.00 per hour.

It is really a nice place. They have complimentary teas, water, office
supplies (flipboards, audio cassetes, easels conference tables. A large waiting
area. You can have mail and phone message sent their at no extra charge.
Candles. Use of cafe and lounge area for eating/relaxing while you work.
It  is located by the Lexington 28th street stop.

Hi Jonathon,
> I'm on the Senior Staff of The Actors Theatre  Workshop, a non-profit
theatre and community center staffed by volunteers.

> We have a beautiful, clean, warm facility and I invite you come by  and
check it out.

> Unfortunately, we can't offer the space free. One of our biggest   programs
is an afterschool theatre and education program for homeless

> children, Builders of the New World and we use our rental income to  help
fund that.

> So we can't offer the space for free, but we do try to work with your
budget.

Also, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your money isn't going into
someone's pocket, but is helping homeless children.
Please contact me with  further questions, concerns, and to schedule a  time
to look at our  space.
> Diana Windhorst

> Senior Staff & BNW Program Coordinator, The Actors Theatre  Workshop

> (212) 947 - 1386 x 0

> _de_windhorst at netzero.net_ (mailto:de_windhorst at netzero.net)

We have large storage space, living space, film shooting space, office  space
and event space available a couple of blocks away from Manhattan on the  same
block as the subway 30,000 sq feet
_http://d77423.u37.smartfunction.net/primespace/69_9th_street_Brooklyn.htm_
(http://d77423.u37.smartfunction.net/primespace/69_9th_street_Brooklyn.htm)
Please  call Yann at 718 938 0212 (cell), so that you can see the place or
please e-mail  us at
_info at primespace.us_ (mailto:info at primespace.us)
_http://d77423.u37.smartfunction.net/primespace/69_9th_street_Brooklyn.htm_
(http://d77423.u37.smartfunction.net/primespace/69_9th_street_Brooklyn.htm)

In a message dated 10/8/2008 1:44:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Date:    Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:02:51 -0400
From:   Susan Coleman <sc at colemanraider.com>
Subject: Space in NYC for  OS?

Hello OS list,

I am doing an OS in New York City for a  group of about 200 and client
looking for a space.  It would be  especially good if it had some
historic significance, but not  critical.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Susan  Coleman

Change  Strategies