Time for Self-Organization

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 06:33:28 PST 2008

I could be very wrong, but it seems to me that recently there have been a
number of indications that people are finally taking self organization
seriously. The latest comes from a Washington Post Story dealing with the
Obama campaign - which they note was massively self organizing. To see for
yourself, go to:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/24/AR2008112402
119.html

I think this uptick in interest and awareness could be very important to
this community. We know a lot about self organizing systems and living
creatively with them because that is what OST is all about. This knowledge
and experience is something we can and should share. If nothing else this
sharing will enable us to break out of the "better meetings box," and join
what I take to be the infinitely more important conversation about high
level organizational function - which translates into efficiency,
effectiveness, profitability - to say nothing of surviving and thriving in a
crazy (self-organizing) world.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html
<http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>