(INVITATION) Leadership in a Self-organizing World, May 14-17, 2009

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat Nov 8 15:58:07 PST 2008

Dear friends and co-conspirators,

Many of us have been experimenting with new forms of organizing and
leading for years and decades. Others are seeking new ways as the old
practices are insufficient to the challenges they are facing.  It's
time for us to gather to bring together our experiments, efforts,
stories, wisdom, and questions.

Please join us for Leadership in a Self-organizing World – www.selforganizingworld.net
.

We are convening at the beautiful Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort (www.sleepinglady.com
), nestled in the Cascade foothills outside Leavenworth, Washington,
about 2 hours from Seattle.

Harrison Owen, creator of Open Space Technology, will be joining us
and launching his book Wave Rider: Leadership for High Performance in
a Self Organizing World (http://www.bkconnection.com/ProdDetails.asp?ID=9781576756171&PG=1&Type=BL&PCS=BKP
)

Harrison uses the term "wave rider" to describe the kind of leadership
and organizational/community capacity needed to survive and thrive.
We’ll spend out time together pooling our collective learning about
what “wave riding” is really looking like, what are our pioneering
efforts are showing us and what's next.

An incredible cohort of learners, practitioners and pioneers are
gathering in May to be part of this inquiry!  Already involved and
planning to attend are:  Peggy Holman; Joel Levey; Tracy Patterson;
Joshua Heim; Catherine Crim; Candi Foon; Mark Jones; Jan Gray; Christy
Lee-Engel; Susan Partnow; Sono Hashisaki; Teresa Posakony; Anne
Stadler; Dale Nienow; Paul Gleiberman; Steven Wright; Jun Akutsu; John
Engle; Grace Chien; Gabriel Shirley; Tracy Robinson; Sue McNab; Iris
Lemmer; Jerilyn Brusseau.

We hope YOU will be part of this too!

Register now, mark your calendar, and invite all your friends!  For
more information, visit www.selforganizingworld.net.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Appreciatively,

Peggy

P.S.  We're getting started now by gathering stories, examples of the
"new leadership" or pioneering endeavors that illuminate these
principles of self-organization or new models of leadership and
collaboration.   If you have stories to share, post them at http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/netwiki.cgi?StoriesAndExamples
  (instructions and password are in “Help”).  Or send your stories to
Anne Stadler (anne.m.stad at gmail.com).

Looking forward to joining you in this timely and alive inquiry!

______________________________
Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.opencirclecompany.com

For the new edition of The Change Handbook, go to:
www.bkconnection.com/ChangeHandbook

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get
burnt, is to become
the fire".
   -- Drew Dellinger