Onemedia outcome

mel.sauce at virgin.net mel.sauce at virgin.net
Fri Nov 21 04:00:07 PST 2008

Hi everyone

Greetings from London.

Last week we had the first Onemedia unconference in London. We had over 60
people from Games, Film, TV, Mobile, Software, Web arrive, 99% of people
had never even heard about OST or participated in an Unconference before
but they loved it.

We had 30 sessions and 7 action planning sessions and had some great
results. A few people came up with ideas for a new interactive tv show, a
group want to approach NESTA with a project mapping digital story telling
and a new role has been proposed in the TV and interactive industries which
has never existed before. Because we had funders, companies and freelancers
in one place and training providers they could provide a solution very
quickly. One of the funders may be supporting the development of this
finacially.

The atmosphere was relaxed but people worked hard, we had a play room with
games for those who needed to de compress and even had wine to help with
the action planning on day two which perked people up!

The feedback was great and we will be publishing the book of proccedings
very shortly. If you are interested in reading it or joining the Onemedia
community, we would love to have you. www.one-media.org. The participants
would like to make this an annual event so fingers crossed!

The hardest part was the invitations and we all worked hard over 4 months
to bring everyone to the table.

Thank you to all of you for all your support, and kind words, it was my
first unconference and was high profile so there were a few nerves but I
could not have wished for it to go better, we will be releasing video soon
as well.

Take care

Melx