Nexus of caring

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 20 17:57:17 PST 2008

Harrison and Raffi--

I am intrigued by your (physical?) placement of the nexus of caring at
that intersection. I do not recall seeing that in precisely those terms
in Wave Rider. This gives a different slant on the matter to my eye.

I was reading the word caring as a synonym for passion, but that very
change seems to have placed a new emphasis on it for me. If this is not
a new emphasis in OS, it is new wording which gives us a new perch from
which to observe.

It at least gives us language that speaks to a different part of our
heart-mind. Passion seems to carry some baggage that caring does not.
Caring points to something I heard in Andrew Harvey recently: he advises
people to "follow your heart-break."

There is more depth, perhaps in caring than in passion.

			:- Doug.