Principles and law in different languages

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 12:02:58 PDT 2008

Dear Lisa:

  The link in your message doesn´t work. Try this one:

  http://www.openingspace.net/glossary.php?all

  In your site, when you refer the principles, that come under "W", and in what concerns Portuguese, you have in fact (as Bernd recalled) my translations. But they come under the label "Brazilian Portuguese", and they are in fact in the European/African version of Portuguese. So please correct that and label them Portuguese (or "Portuguese from Portugal", if you prefer :-)

  Indeed, those versions are also acceptable in Brazil, as there are no significative differences in this. The problemz with calling them "Brazilian Portuguese" are (1) I am the author of the translation and I am not Brasilian and don´t even speak that flavour of the language... (2) as the OST Guide is published in Brazil (hence in "Brazilian Portuguese"), good or bad, their translations are the norm for "OST Brazilian Portuguese".

  I will try to get the book during the weekend and will send you the oficial Brazilian Portuguese versions of the Principles and Law.

  Best regards

  Artur

Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:
                Hello, Christian, Ljiljana, Artur, Thomas and others –

  Here is the location of the international glossary of Open Space terms and phrases on my website:

  http://www.openingspace.net/glossary

  (...)

  Artur: I have some definitions from you in Portuguese, and some for just a few particular phrases (but not all of the phrases) also in Brazilian Portuguese.  They seem to be a bit different – I seem to recall you were sharing some translations from both languages. What do you think?

  (...)