Creating the book in a second- a need for ideas

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Mar 26 06:51:33 PDT 2008

Dear Avner,
apart from this being a completely crazy way to create a leading company
by cutting corners instead of investing the time for robust and
sustainable action (3 days) here is my two cents worth:
-Create 2 newswalls with A3 copies of each report, so that all 450 can
more or less read simultaneously
-Plan a timeslot after the break-out sessions are over for "reading the
book of proceedings" at the Newswall and augmenting the reports using an
augmentation sheet (here > http://www.boscop.org/page/show/61
you find an augmentation form)
-go to action planning
-take the reports, the augmentation forms and the next step forms that
come out of the action planning (here you find one >
http://www.boscop.org/page/show/62)and all the other stuff that belongs
to the book (cover, table of contents, etc), scan it and send it to the
450 people as a pdf the day after the event.
In other words, you dont really need the book for reading the book if it
is up in a readable way on the News Wall. And, as Esther pointed out,
450 copies of a 100 (more like 200) pages Book, comes up to 45 000 to 90
000 copies or put differently a bunch of trees.

You might also discuss this version with your client:
-Have a one day open space with a reading and augmentation phase in the
evening.
-Produce the Book as an electronic document leisurely.
-Have the half day Action Planning two weeks later for all interested in
it...I have done that and I recommend it for situations like you are
describing...the two weeks pause is like "sleeping twice" and, having
been back in the daily grind between the divergent phase and action
planning can be quite healthy.

In case Yaari is still in Israel when you have the event, try to grab
him. He has experience with a client where divergent phase and action
planning were seperated by I think a couple of weeks (a printing
company) and is presently involved in a community development project
that just had the divergent phase and will have the action planning
after his return to Berlin (about 5 weeks inbetween).

Have a great day
Greetings from Berlin
mmp