Creating Space in Construction (long'ish)

Brendan McKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Sun Mar 16 19:09:00 PDT 2008

Yes Doug - I learned quickly from my first error of judgement and
grabbed a beer real quick!

And yes - my feeling of being some sort of sacrificial lamb was
highly present (could be a link to the season...!).
I was conscious that the Org Psych consultant to the Alliance and the
Alliance Innovations manager were putting themselves totally in my
hands, or feet so to speak, and were quite unsure about the
outcomes...neither of them had seen, let alone participated in, an OS
meeting previously - the Org Psych guy knew about Chaos Theory and
counter-intuitive responses (rather than providing more of the same
processes that got them 'stuck'' in the first place) - and the
Alliance guy was anxious about the 'letting go' but knew something
different had to happen - so while I had their trust, I didn't have
their faith...if that makes sense!

And it was ok for me to walk into the circle knowing that was the
case, absorbing that and somehow transcending that....
after all, they didn't know what I KNOW....
with a knowing that is now deeply embedded within me...
that, when you're asking the right question and inviting the right
people, Open Space always works!

Cheers
Brendan