Convergence for Group Consensu

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Mar 5 21:40:59 PST 2008

My gosh...what a thing it would be to win a door in a door prize drawing.

Sorry.

Yes, a door prize is a common incentive at conferences and such.  Basically
anyone who comes through the door at an event is issued a ticket and at the
end of an event, a draw is held for small prizes.  It results in a peculiar
dynamic whereby a number is read out, one person cheers, 160 people groan
and everyone makes a quick recovery and congratulates the victor on their
skillful acquisition of a T-shirt that is too big for them.

You might not be aware of it, but we North Americans have some peculiar
customs.

:-)

Chris