Convergence for Group Consensu

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Tue Mar 4 05:50:11 PST 2008

First, thanks to Harrison for your legacy of profound inspiration.

As for building consensus, two things have been important for me. On Day 1
asking people in groups to keep track and record all and any areas of
agreement: Wrap up conversations with the question about what there is
alignment on. This allows a natural flowing, then people can report on these
the next day to build energy for consensus. The second thing is making sure
people feel free to voice difference, disagreement, and dissent, saying that
agreement is not a requirement to belong, but transparency that builds trust
is essential to belong. For anyone who has dissent, we ask them to speak
about what matters to them and who else aligns with that. This way,
authentic consensus and participation becomes possible. Best of all, in a
self-organizing system, many things can move forward nicely without
everyone's agreement. In fact, the need for complete agreement on anything
can be a conversation of postponement.

Best to you Kim!

Jack

--
Jack Ricchiuto
www.DesigningLife.com / 216.373.7475 (EST)

Announcing "Conscious Becoming", now available in paperback - visit
ConsciousBecoming.com