OS with and for elderly, mental health consumers and others [long]

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Wed Mar 12 06:41:17 PDT 2008

I've been having some trouble with my own software getting stuff
through. So here is hoping.

Lisa:

As you mentioned briefly, a number of years ago, I first facilitated
(3-4) OS events with a province wide Mental Health Consurmer-Survivor
organization on key issues they were facing.  They were very successful
events and I'd have to go back in my records to find the details.  After
that, 4 of the provincially funded staff took OST training, loved it and
did a couple of strong OS events.  The province then cut the funding out
from under the organizations and a number of the staff ran into their
own personal struggles.  However, when we did the launch of the new
"regionalization of health care funding" process focused on health care
integration, it was the "mental health" and "consumer-survivors" who
were the most prepared to play in Open Space in all 14 events across the
province.  Mental Health funding was a top priority for most of the new
regional organizations for integration of health care services.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada