Where does OS end, where does OD start?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Mar 1 13:51:52 PST 2008

Catherine--

Not sure I have enough of an understanding of what your situation is.
What I am understanding is that you are consulting with a company not
your employer about a possible opening of space, or about a prior one,
and that the manager who is your chief contact has said your questions
are disrespectful. So it is to this that I respond. If I have
misunderstood your situation, then I apologize for being off the mark.

What I am getting from your post is not that you are disrespectful,
Catherine, but that you have touched the exact sore spot that needed
touching. Something there is causing pain for this person and possibly
for the other people involved. The answer may be more questions and not
fewer.

What I mean is to ask this manager privately why it is an issue that you
have asked the questions you have--which is exactly what you said you
planned to do. Your instincts are good, Catherine.

It might just be that if you can get this person talking, you will find
out other questions you can ask and other space that needs opening. As
Harrison would probably say, open more space, in this case to let this
person talk. Often people will solve their own problem and thank you for
your help!

		:- Doug.