OST on Wikipedia (was: OST becoming mainstream)

Justin T. Sampson justin at krasama.com
Tue Jun 17 09:56:07 PDT 2008

I think the idea at Wikipedia is to be an "encyclopedia" in a certain
strict sense. That means, for example, that articles are not really
there to teach a technique such as Open Space, and certainly not to
advocate it, but rather to provide a neutral, objective history of the
development of the technique. One of the restrictions is "no original
research" -- for example, if Lisa were to write something original
describing her experiences with OST that would be considered original
research and therefore not "encyclopedic". Referring to published
sources, on the other hand, is considered highly desirable, so if
someone other than Harrison were to write a summary of OST with lots
of references to the published books about OST that should be okay,
especially if there was *also* a section about "variations" --
references to articles and such that describe things like
unconferences and different things that different people have
understood Open Space to mean...

Cheers,
Justin