OST in Indonesia

Jon Harvey only.connect at virgin.net
Fri Jul 25 00:22:03 PDT 2008

Smiles to you as well, Bhav!

Sounds like a fabulous and magical day! (But what are MDGs? - attachments
don't come through on the listserve by the way)

With regards to action planning - I have used a number of processes:

1)      You can attempt to divide the time - so that (say) day one is about
exploration and day two (with another agenda building circle) is about
taking action

2)      I ask people at the end of the day to write some comments onto
sticky notes or pieces of paper - something like a) an action that I pledge
to take away from today b) one action that I hope someone else in the
organisation / system will take up and c) one thing that I wish the
government / HQ / community (or whatever) would do to support us taking
these ideas forward. I usually 'joke' that you don't get to put something on
either of the last two unless you have put something on the first.

3)      Finish off with an action planning circle with a talking stick (and
have someone make notes or record it)

(I will be using 2 and 3 next week in what will be my first OS since
becoming an independent practitioner - indeed it is my very first day of
being a freelancer. What a way to start - starting as I mean to go on! The
OS is about action planning 'citizen focus' into a large police force.)

Hope this helps!

All the very best to you in Indonesia

Jon