OST in Indonesia

Bhavesh Patel bhavmail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:58:31 PDT 2008

Hey Friends, just wanted to let u know that I ran a one day open space for a
conference in Indonesia that had a 110 young people from 33 countries
exploring how to share experience and find common action on the MDGs. It was
my biggest so far and a huge circle, see attached.

One guy from Australia was there who said he had experienced open space
before and that it didn't really work. I asked him a few more questions to
find out his experience was of a pre-set agenda and he had to choose a group
! Anyway at the end of this open space, he was a changed man, and amazed at
how people got down to it without someone organising everything !

I am now working on taking open space more into corporates, and have
questions around the action planning part. My approach has been to continue
the action planning in open space. However once people come up with action
plans and steps, how is that then integrated back into the organisation and
the decision making processes, etc. How do others do action planning with
corporates ?

Smiles Bhav.........