Practical Question

Yaari Martin Pannwitz yaari at bg5.de
Wed Jan 23 10:57:41 PST 2008

hello marty,
besides believing that a taster is a rather unfavourable way of
getting people to open space ...
i suggest to have 3 sessions. it is a matter of increasing the choice.
imagine you have:
2 sessions and 4 spaces ... this leaves a max of 8 issues
3 sessions and 4 spaces ... this leaves a max of 12 issues
3 sessions open more options which might encourage or force to make a
choice, to set a priority ... to bumble or butterfly or to take a
break. it will also cause more confusion and therefore i believe it
gives a more realistic view on open space. since it is a taster you
try not to get the people to involved into the theme but rather on
the process ... therefore 30min/session should also be enough.

i am slightly uncomfortable with tasters or open space in what i call
learning situations since most likely most of the preconditions are
not fullfilled and thus outcome and process are rather distorted.

... but .... enjoy!

... and it would be nice to know how it went!

yaari

... berlin