Be prepared to be surprised?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Sat Feb 9 13:21:34 PST 2008

Dear Stanley Park,
The language style that produces "Be prepared to be surprised" is based
on the assumption that something can actually surprise someone. Another
language style, percept language (I think that Marei has studied this
intensively and might even use it even in her dreams), is based on the
assumption that people surprise themselves while processing inputs with
the 21 senses (right, not six or seven) which we have to "perceive".
A statement such as "I was amazed by..." , using percept language, would
start with "I amaze myself with...." etc.
So, "Be prepared to surprise yourself" is, for people using or perhaps
even understanding percept language, the "correct" way of saying "Be
prepared to be surprised".
I know that some of you out there practicing percept language could come
up with "correct" wordings for the principles....
I am fascinating myself with this discussion.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp