Call for Chapters and Reviewers - Working with Difficult Groups

Sandor Schuman sschuman at csc.albany.edu
Sat Feb 2 14:40:35 PST 2008

Call for Chapters and Reviewers - Working with Difficult Groups

You are invited to submit a proposal for a chapter in the
forthcoming book:

The Handbook for Working with Difficult Groups:
How They Are Difficult, Why They Are Difficult, What You Can Do.

This will be the third in the series of handbooks published by
Jossey-Bass/ Wiley and the International Association of
Facilitators, Sandor P. Schuman, Editor. Chapter proposals are
due March 15, 2008.

Groups enable us to accomplish goals unattainable by individuals
working alone. Groups can be extremely effective, and also they
can be difficult to work with. By examining groups and their
difficulties we can better understand (1) how they are difficult
(the observable phenomena that present the difficulty) and (2)
why they are difficult (the underlying causes of the difficulty).
Building on that understanding, we can suggest (3) what we can do
as group facilitators, leaders, and members to help the group
work more effectively.

For the complete Call for Chapters and Reviewers, Chapter
Proposal Form,  Chapter 1, and related information, visit
www.difficultgroups.com.

Sandor Schuman
sschuman at albany.edu