advice on os for 600

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu Dec 11 07:35:12 PST 2008

Jack said,” 6) Yes, it will take a long time for people to annouce their
sessions. I can't see a way to avoid this.” For whatever it is worth, I have
never found this to be the case. But you do have to keep the folks moving
with a large group. I set the stage for this by saying as we start on
announcing sessions that this is not the time for a speech. Just announce
your title and state your name – and move on. One secret is that I ALWAYS
hang on to the mike. I act just like a sticky microphone stand. If somebody
starts on a speech (something more than title and name) I let them go for a
very little bit and then intervene to say “No Speeches.” Some times you have
to do this twice, but I have never had to do it a third time. Net effect is
that even with very large groups (2108 German Psychiatrists) announcing 236
sessions took a little less that ½ an hour. No problem. Yes there were 236
sessions, which is a record for me. Of course they may have been just 234,
but Michael Pannwitz will know :-)

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html