Haiti: 48 schools and 48 os mtgs in 2 months

John Engle john at johnengle.net
Sat Dec 20 05:41:41 PST 2008

Hi colleagues;

I returned from a short trip to Haiti last night. For those
interested, here are photos from some of the open space that our
Haitian colleagues have done during the last two months http://gallery.me.com/englejohn#100164

colleagues did open space meetings in each of 48 targeted schools
toward improving the education through dialogue between parents and
teachers. 29 of the schools are in remote countryside. 19 are in very
poor neighborhood in Port au Prince, historically known for violence.
There were roughly 3,000 participants in all. Roughly 12,000 children
go to these schools. There are some very powerful stories about
results. The practice is already spreading among many of the schools.

Here are pictures from an open space meeting I was part of this past
week with about 25 key people in our network:
http://gallery.me.com/englejohn#100185

Greetings from sunny Florida,

John Engle