A word from HO - and Clauses in The Law

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Fri Aug 22 20:15:34 PDT 2008

Chers Chris and Allison,

Thanks for the appreciation, cher Chris.

And indeed, if OS Institute-USA (which runs the online OS bookstore and
owns, if I remember correctly, the rights to the 5 CD collection) were ever
a candidate for "regime change" and I were appointed Benevolent Dictator of
the Institute for a day, my first (and only?) act would be to make the disks
freely available online. Perhaps rename the series "A Story of Spirit: a
long-[expletive deleted by boisestate.edu server] - if entertaining and
probably informative bedtime story of where we've been, where we are, and
where we're headed, as told by the Guy in the Hat."

My guess is that it'd be available to more people that way than it being
sold through the online bookstore.

On a related note, Harrison, is your university dissertation available anywhere?

>Hi Raffi,
>The mercy is, that, Open Space being Open Space, you need not usually
>stay somewhere if you are having a hard time listening etc.

>Instead, you can use a Clause of The Law of Two Feet, one of which
>could be called - The Hum of Two Drums (eardrums, of course).

One of the learning points for some people in the OST learning workshop on
the eve of the OSonOS was that the Hum of Two Drums does *not* necessarily
mean "If you're bored, then go to another group." It isn't, "if you don't
like it, leave!"

And indeed, not being able to appreciate Harrison at that moment could have
been any number of things. No doubt, I see *lots* of value in hearing the
same story over and over again. And I think it's wonderful that the talk is
now available online. Another resource is available!

Personally, I am looking forward to reading Wave Rider, it'll be worth it to
hear the Story told again. And I don't expect to hear anything new.

>I guess there are lots more aspects to The Law of Two Feet in the
>ethers.
>Do you use any?

One aspect of my understanding of the Plod of One Bod, especially in group
situations, is to seek out the people who I think are driving me absolutely
crazy, who I can't stand. Much of the time I learn a lot from them. At least
one of them has become a good friend and colleague! Perhaps another
(deeper?) level is to seek out those who haven't really caught my attention
at all. Might they reflect the "unknown unknowns" within me? The Field of
One Flirt? A recognition that everything is flirting? Don't know.

As a matter of practice, though, I try to notice when I'm bored, angry, or
experience anything unpleasant and try to be as attentive as possible in
those moments. And I try to stay put for just a wee bit longer than I
originally intended, again to stretch myself.

And thank you for the reminder about Mindell's "flirts."

>Soon I'm off to my garden committee meeting on a rather pleasant
>cloudy and breezy morning.

A hearty greeting to the gardening committee!

wormly and in pre-(s)election discordian delight (or "who-roo" as it were),
raffi