Open space: the blog of the SF Museum of Modern Art

Jeff Aitken magic.teams at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:38:47 PDT 2008

Found recently:

"Open Space is the blog of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. We’re just getting started here, so please check back often to see what’s changed. Some planned future features include: community guest writers and bloggers; profiles & interviews of people in, around, near the museum; discussion, news (& gossip?) from the inside; and, most importantly, opinion, commentary, and critique from the outside.

Instigators, interrogators, interlocutors: all welcome and encouraged. Please note that the comment box is always open.

The blog takes its name, and spirit, from a small but influential Bay Area poetry magazine that appeared in 1965. Edited by Stan Persky and presided over by legendary poet of the San Francisco Renaissance, Jack Spicer, and with the strict dictum that no copies be circulated outside the Bay Area, Open Space included only local writers whose works-in-progress were to be published as submitted, without censorship or constraint.

This community-based, Bay Area-centric magazine also printed the work of many local artists of the time, including Jess, Harry Jacobus, Fran Herndon, and Amando Navarro. Following the 1953 model of San Francisco’s King Ubu Gallery, Open Space appeared for just one year. We hope the blog lives longer than that, but maybe in a year’s time we’ll change the name."

http://blog.sfmoma.org/index.php

Jeff
San Francisco
sunny and breezy (the weather, not me)

Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008