call for workshops and innovations for NCDD 2008

Sandy Heierbacher sandy at thataway.org
Tue Apr 22 12:20:52 PDT 2008

I thought some of you on this list might be interested in joining us
this fall and possibly presenting a session.  Feel free to email or
call me if you have questions!

This year’s National Conference on Dialogue & Deliberation is being
held in Austin, Texas, October 3-5. If you are dedicated to solving
problems through honest talk, quality thinking, and collaborative
action, we hope to see you there.

NCDD’s biennial conferences, which are highly participatory, highly
innovative and surprisingly affordable, bring together leaders and
future leaders in public engagement and conflict resolution to share
resources and strategies, build lasting relationships, increase the
visibility and effectiveness of their work, tackle challenges facing
this emerging field, and initiate collaborative projects. Many people
have told us they’re the best conferences they’ve ever attended.

At NCDD Austin, we’re offering more ways than ever for conference
participants to contribute content, share their work, and make
progress on issues they care about. We welcome you to submit your
proposals now for:

    1. Concurrent Workshops (unique, engaging sessions that highlight
the best the dialogue and deliberation community has to offer)
    2. Innovations (innovative projects/strategies that address some
of the biggest challenges and issues we face in the field; we’ll
match you up with other innovators with similar topics to organize
joint collaborative sessions at the conference)
    3. Networking Topics and Facilitators (topics you’re really into,
so you can meet others who share your same interests during a fun,
structured networking session)

More details about these 3 opportunities, and the forms for
submitting proposals and ideas are at www.thataway.org/events/?
page_id=119

Please note that the deadline for submitting workshop proposals and
innovations is Friday, May 16th. The deadline for submitting
networking topics and signing up to facilitate topics is July 19th.
We’re also running two Q&A-type conference calls for people who have
questions about these opportunities - one this Wednesday at 7 pm
Eastern and one on Tuesday, May 6th at 11 am Eastern.  The long
distance call-in number for both calls is 1-712-580-8020, and the
access code is 444839.

And if you’re planning on joining us in Austin, you may want to
register before May 16th so you get the super-low early rate of only
$300 (!). Registration details can be found at www.thataway.org/
events/?page_id=136

Best,
Sandy

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)

e: sandy at thataway.org
p: 717-243-5144
w: www.thataway.org