OS documentation in French and other languages: Open Space documentation worldwide

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Sun Sep 30 08:48:16 PDT 2007

Dear Esther and all you others on the list,
here is a description with some detail evoked by Esther's email on
documentation of os in French. I do invite you to read the stuff and
then also to proceed and add to the data bases to show each other and
the world who we are and what we do. It is much more than any one of us
imagines...especially when it gets visible!
Several times it has been pointed out how desperately such data bases
are needed (to document what we do, to show the fields and cultures and
countries where it is being used, to facilitate research, to spread open
space, etc.). We have had them now for several years AND it is a bit of
work to use them...they will become more and more useful and beneficial
to us and our sponsors (clients, customers)as we enter our data.
Ok, here is the nitty gritty:

There are in fact two separate databases that all of you are invited to use.
One is the Open Space World Map, it shows
-the countries in which os is being practiced (132)
-the countries with resident os workers (73)
-practitioners located in those 73 countries with contact data and
pictures (456)
-Open Space Assosciations (5)with those of their members that are
registered in the map
-Stammtische (26)
-Information ABOUT THIS PROJECT in 18 languages (including French, of
course...the information is a little outdated, I will invite the
individual authors soon to update it)
-a link from those registered in the world map to their data in the
worldscapè (events they facilitated)
Here the address again
> http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/

To join, click on MENU and then on WANT TO INCLUDE YOURSELF?
 From there its all explained...
Fees are raised to cover expenses and generate a surplus which is used
for spreading open space. Over the years several thousand Euros have
gone into supporting the WOSonOSes (stipendes, material, travel, etc.),
os trainings (tuition, books, travel, material), etc. All work involved
is on a voluntary basis.

The other is the Open Space Worldscape (originally the berlin landscape
that was expanded to cover the entire planet), it shows
-356 events from all over that can be seen chronologically, by
facilitator or by field (such as education or business or NGO with a
number of subcategories) or by a combination of facilitator and field.
There is loads of space for information for each event:sponsor, field,
venue, dates, faciliated by, number of participants, and additional
space to place notes, etc.)
-the 29 facilitators that presently have events listed they were involved in
-pinpoint locations of the events on a map (Sattelite/Hybrid), so if you
click on an event the exact location will be shown.
To Register, just click on the Register field. Once accepted you can
enter your own data using individual passwords.
There it also tells you the conditions. It is a fee of 5 Euros every six
months for facilitators with fewer than 10 events listed. If you have
more, it is a fee per event which has been decreasing as more events are
entered---presently it is about 1 Euro per event every six months.
All fees are being used to just run the landscape, all work done on it
(including yours !) is voluntary.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Communications Esther Matte wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please disregard my first message - I made a mistake in copying the
> Worlscape address. Sorry about that. My apologies.
>
> The correct address is http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/
>
> And my first message (with correct address this time!):
>
> Yes, we do need more documentation in French, and OS stories in French.
> I invite all of you who do facilitate OS in French to register to
> Michael Pannwitz and Jo Topfer's wonderful Worlscape
> http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/ and put in your events with a short
> description. I did, so there are a few French events there. But more are
> needed!
>
> There is no fee to register up to 5 events and a small fee after that
> (Michael, please correct me if I'm wrong). It only takes a few minutes
> to enter an event. So please, do enter yours :-))
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Esther
>
> At 03:48 2007-09-28, Corbaz Catherine wrote:
>> Hi Diane,
>>
>> I'll let you knw, what happen.I worte to Nelly in Givisiez and see
>> what happens. Otherwise I might organsize something at my place and
>> see what happen,
>>
>> Besides I liked the remark of Louise Brissette. We need some more
>> documentation in french to promote OST. I'm looking for OST stories to
>> have some documentation, but but if some already exists in french,
>> I'll be very thankful to receive them or to konow where the are on the
>> web.
>>
>> Catherine
>>

>> Catherine Corbaz
>> Facilitation & Forum ouvert
>> Roseaux 20
>> CH-2503 Bienne
>> +41 32 323 38 43
>> +41 79 794 38 55
>> <http://www.c2f2.net>http://www.c2f2.net
>>

>> Le 26 sept. 07 à 01:04, Diane Gibeault a écrit :
>>
>>> Bonjour Catherine,
>>>
>>> I'm happy to hear your suggestion of an exchange on OST in Switzerland.
>>>
>>> The plan is for me to facilitate the French OST training in
>>> Switzerland February 13 to 15. The plan is also for me to facilitate
>>> an OST training in Lyon France on Jan 30 to Feb 1st. I'd be delighted
>>> to participate to any kind of exchange in French on Open Space
>>> outside the training sessions. Let me know what works for you.
>>>
>>> Diane

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.org   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 456 resident Open
Space Workers in 73 countries (working in a total of 132 countries
worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org