new

niko lebel futurewhispers at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:51:46 PDT 2007

Hi Chris,

thank you for your email.

It was not me you met that day in Nelson that was my brother younger brother Luca.
But I hope one day we will meet.

Thank you for your hints on the open space.

When we were in NZ we held a creative space and had open space meetings every morning.
I have seen my Father open space for 200 people and 3 people so as you said there are indeed big differences.

for example when you have 3 or 4 people they do not tend to use breakout spaces or move around very much and I end up getting the feeling as though its feels like just a normal board room meeting.

I am going to indeed keep opening space as much as possible.
When I do i keep out of the meeting but I go to another part of the room so i am still present, is this the right thing to do or should i keep out of the room aswell

i´m not sure

thank you,
Kind Regards Niko

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:21:15 -0700From: chris at chriscorrigan.comSubject: Re: newTo: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDUHey niko...good to see you here on the list.  The last time we met was on a wide beach in Nelson, NZ in 2004, and hilarity and deep conversation did indeed ensue.  That was a fun day.The most important thing with a small group is making sure you stay out of the way.  SMall groups will do things that you don't often see in much larger groups.  For example, they will more readily organize to deal with all of the agenda items at once.  They may also try to enlist you in facilitating some of their conversation.  Of course, if your goal is to experience and work deeply in Open Space, you will want to hold space as much as possible.  It will be an interesting experience, and be sure that you share whatever you are learning with us all.  It helps to keep haring the experiences of first time practitioners to keep our own learning questions alive. Good luck with it and have fun.Chris