Introducing OST for strategic planning - Question

Susan M Kerr Smkerr7 at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 21:06:46 PDT 2007

The article you sent is perfect, Harrison, thank you. And I agree with your
comments, too. I asked if the "experts" were necessary and  he mentioned
environmental trends we may not know of.

The meeting invitation I received today to talk with the VP & HR Dir  about
OST is kind of doubtful. He lists the meeting agenda as:

Susan provides overview of Open Space Technology
Lisa provides overview of purpose of environmental assessment session
(outcomes wanted), proposed agendas (process approaches), participants and time
frame
Susan provides an "analysis of the fit of the intended outcomes for  OST
Group determines whether or not to continue to pursue OST approach for the
meeting and next steps as appropriate

Years ago I had given the VP a copy of your Introduction to Open Space
Technology book. He does understand the concepts of it but he hasn't seen  it in
action. I'm afraid it might not be successful in this situation but I'll  give
it a go to try to explain it to them.

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes.
Susan