Measuring institutional change using economics experiments in Haiti

John Engle john at johnengle.net
Fri Oct 26 06:33:50 PDT 2007

Hi everyone.

Here's portions of proposal recently submitted for measuring institutional change using economics experiments in Haiti.

http://www.beyondborders.net/je-assoc/documents/MeasuringInstitutionalChangeUsingEconomicsExperimentsinHaitioct2007.doc

In summary, it calls for doing a 6-month training with teachers and school director in 9 schools. The 6-month training includes weekly 1.5 hour sessions using Reflection Circle discussion method (same as www.touchstones.org) and doing three day-long open space meetings which involve parents and in some cases students. We'll do economic experiments (described in proposal) with teachers and some students of 9 schools receiving the training and 9 schools not receiving the training before the training, immediately after, and then one and two years after.

Jim Engle-Warnick (my brother-in-law), who submitted the proposal, is confident that we'll receive funding. He's just not sure from what source yet.

I'll keep you posted.

John

www.eksperyansla.info Fomasyon nan lidechip ak anseyman patisipativ
www.circlesofchange.com Participatory learning and leadership
www.johnengle.net Open Space facilitation
www.beyondborders.net
www.harvesttime.cc

Email: john at johnengle.net
Cell: 202-236-6532
Home office: 772-539-7071
Fax: 202-449-8343

John Engle
P.O. Box 2576
Vero Beach, FL 32961

 Skype: englejohn
Haiti Telephone: (011 first when dialing from US) (509)-461-3067